Running Eagle Falls

Running Eagle Falls
Two Medicine, Glacier National Park

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cinco de Mayo!

Hola!  Believe it or not I took two years of Spanish in high school and two in college and I remember very little!  It just goes to show you if you don't use it, you lose it!  I suppose that goes with everything we do!

Today was my husband's birthday and most of my day was preparing a special day for him.  The kids and I made cupcakes in the morning, took sandwiches and cupcakes to his work and then had a nice dinner at home.

I was extremely pleased, though, that around 9 am, UPS delivered to my a photo that I had ordered just two days prior from White House Custom Colour.  They are my preferred printer for prints larger than 8x10 or for any specialty items.  The print I ordered was a 16x20 of the big horn sheep I took at Glacier National Park.  My fear was that printing a photo larger than 11x14 with my camera would look pixelated.  However, I was happy to see that it still looked very clear.  I love WHCC for both their quality and service and will continue to use them!  Now I need to find a mat and frame for this beast of a photo.  And, of course, find it a home!

The weather here in Northern Montana is still in the 30s and snowy.  So, I still haven't made it out much with my camera.  However, regardless of where I'm going, I'm still looking for fun shots and I do take my camera and equipment with me every time I leave the house!  You just never know when opportunity may arise.

So, although most of the day as about my husband, on our way home, I noticed in a field filled with cows, that all the babies were huddled in one little area.  It was kind of like the parents rounded them up for a babysitter : )  They were all around the same age and just kind of chilling out in the snow.  Then I noticed across the street stood a mama and baby cow drinking from a watering hole.  It struck me as a very cool  picture. I tried it in both color and black and white.  You'll have to tell me which you prefer... 



No comments:

Post a Comment