Running Eagle Falls

Running Eagle Falls
Two Medicine, Glacier National Park

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Study Time

Today was an uneventful photography day.  I say uneventful because I didn't get any actual shooting time in!  Besides being a little under the weather myself, the actual weather hasn't improved much over the last few days.  I did, however, take some time to catch up on some reading.  I am now subscibing to three magazines...Shutterbug, Digital Photography and Profession Photographer.  I also keep up with Outdoor Photographer online.

One thing I like about Outdoor Photographer is that they have a new contest/assignment each month.  This month is exciting for me because the topic is "National Parks"!  There are some really awesome pictures on there so far, and I had no idea there were actually that many National Parks.  I enjoy these assignments for two reasons. First, I get to see other people's work.  I enjoy looking at other's photos because it gives me ideas and inspiration.  Second, I like being able to participate, even though I've probably not had as much experience as some of the other photographers.  If you get a chance to look, the link is http://www.outdoorphotographer.com/gallery/assignments/national-parks.html.  Here is the photo that I submitted!


I've also recently purchased some new photography books and have been pouring over those as well.  Again, the knowledge and inspiration are awesome!  Perhaps someday I'll work for National Geographic : )

No comments:

Post a Comment