Running Eagle Falls

Running Eagle Falls
Two Medicine, Glacier National Park

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy May Day!

I enjoyed some family time today and hanging out with some of my Girl Scouts.  I did, however, have time to work on some of my photography stuff!  I worked on my website and made a photo DVD set to music for our Girl Scout Court of Awards.

I also took some time to try out my new tripod and my remote control.  The weather is going to be sunny and in the 50s tomorrow up in the mountains.  So, we're planning to head up to Glacier National Park so I can play with my new toys : )

Today's picture is one of my favorites.  During a trip our family took to Many Glacier at Glacier National Park, we came across a small herd of female big horn sheep.  They didn't seem bothered by our presence, but only let us come a few feet away.  They were very interested in our mini van and flocked around it.  At one point I thought one was going to get in with us!  It was an amazing opportunity to photograph these sheep and to watch them in their natural habitat.  I kind of felt like I could be a part of National Geographic!



2 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica-I think you have some really awesome pictures. These sheep look like they want to say wait come back.Good luck in your venture and I will be looking forward to each day to see your new pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Donna! The sheep were so fun to photograph! They were a little worried, but we were within a foot or two of them. It was pretty awesome. They were VERY interested in our van and were licking the back bumper. And one was ready to hop in the van with us. Very cool. Let me know if you want to head out with me one day on a photography adventure : ) Would be fun!

    ReplyDelete