Running Eagle Falls

Running Eagle Falls
Two Medicine, Glacier National Park

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Summertime Blues

Our weather here in Northern Montana has been a little gloomy lately and I've really had cabin fever lately!  I'm so ready to photography flowers, trees and PEOPLE!  Sometimes the wind and rain (and sometimes snow) make it tough to get out there and shoot!

But, I've used this "down time" to practice, read books, read magazines, work on my marketing and set some goals.  I've actually been able to get quite a bit done over the last few days.  And considering we have rain in the forecast for the next week or so, I expect to get quite a bit more done!  I'm designing my own documents (flyer, order forms, etc) which are fun, but time consuming.  I've also made a tri-fold poster to use at some upcoming events I will be marketing at.  I'm pretty proud of how it turned out and even had the help of my kids!

I rented a photography book from the library, too.  It's from 2001, and it's interesting to see how digital photography has evolved over the past nine years.  In the book they talk about 3 megapixal cameras and how the 6 megapixal cameras are hitting the shelves.  And today we have digital cameras with 21 megapixals and more!  I can't wait to see what will evolve over the next ten years!  The technology discussed is a little outdated in the book, but the concepts and theories are still relevant.  I'm sucking up as much as I can to continuously improve myself.  That way, when the weather clears and I can start booking clients, I can hit the ground running with that bonus knowledge.

My favorite parts of the magazine aren't the articles, believe it or not.  Although the articles are great, insightful and extremely helpful (usually), I enjoy the advertisements!  I love seeing what's out there in the form of equipment, computer programs and services.  I've found companies that do braces removal, make specialty products and buy and sell camera equipment.  All products and services that will help me help my customers have a wonderful photo session and enjoy their photos for years to come!  How exciting is that?

I welcome you to visit my website if you haven't had the opportunity yet.  It's http://www.vaneppsphotographymt.webs.com/.  I'm adding photos, specials and new products as often as I can to serve my clients to their greatest desires!  And if you DON'T see something you want, ask me!  I'm sure we can get it for you!

Perhaps the most exciting thing about this new venture is the involvement of my children.  They LOVE helping me with anything and everything.  They are great models letting me pose them in various settings sometimes trying several shots with different camera settings.  And today, my son told me he wants to be a photographer.  So I gave him one of my "old" point and shoot cameras as his own and showed him how to use it.  We set up his camera case with extra batteries, a cleaning cloth and some other goodies.  He spent the day photographing anything he could...me making lunch, me on the computer, his sister playing, block buildings he made, and many, MANY more!  But he was EXCITED!  It was so awesome to share something with him and watch him grab on to what I taught him and run with it!  Now, who's to say that by the weekend he is interested in something new, but, for the time being, we are having fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment